Thursday, November 5, 2009

Not your typical morning...

So, this morning, I am in the bathroom getting ready for the day. I hear Noah in the kitchen and yell at him to get out. I walk in to find him shutting the oven door. Naturally, he bolts out of the kitchen, knowing he was just busted being naughty. We both continue to go about our ways, when I began to see and smell smoke. I run back to the kitchen to see flames leaping from the top of the stove and in the oven. Apparently, seconds before I busted him, he managed to put a rather large plastic object (still unidentified) into the oven and turn it on. It wasn't long before the fire and smoke alarms were going off. We ran down to the front desk (They really love us here at the Studio Plus) and began to explain what happened. Luckily, the fire was extinguished, no one was hurt, and more importantly, they aren't going to kick us out. They have brought in some equipment to get the smoke smell out, otherwise we will be moving rooms again. So far, in our two week stay, I have manged to lock Elliot in the room, survive an ant infestation and I do believe someone needs to come pick us up before one of us gets hurt! Please, please tell me that there is someone else out there that has had things like this happen to them too? Seriously, it would make me feel so much better!
Lots to report later on feeding news!


Weylin and Tori said...

So, bad news...we haven't had stuff like this happen to us. We just get all the bad luck mystery medical problems with Ethan! However, I do think you could probably write a book and sell it! I would read it over and over again! I am so glad that everyone is safe and sound! Keep up the great work and keep Noah away from the kitchen! We miss you terribly!

The Douglas'

bikurgurl said...

I second the writing the book, not only do you have a lot to say but an amazing heartfelt way of saying it!

We love you!!

Kelly, Jeff, Xander, and Xaven