Sunday, November 8, 2009

Family Weekend






Brian, Zane and Elliot came to Evansville this weekend, and I don't think we could have packed anymore in if we tried! The best part about them coming down for a weekend is that we aren't in a hurry for anything, other than when the kids need something or Noah's feeding schedule, we can take our time with everything. They got here late Friday night and we just hung out till bedtime. Saturday morning we got up, went for a walk, had breakfast, and then set out to explore downtown Evansville. We parked along the Ohio River and walked for awhile just enjoying the scenery. Not to mention that it was 74 here this weekend!! We stopped at a huge playground and the boys had a great time there. Zane and I toured the LST 325, a huge WWII Navel ship. Our tour guide was a seasoned WWII Veteran and had some great stories. Zane's eyes were as big as saucers the whole time. (Zane said the guy spit on him 3 times while he was talking, but Zane just wiped if off casually. Zane said "he has the nicest teeth I've ever seen, I just wished he realized he spits when he talks") We had a great dinner and then popcorn and movies after the little boys were in bed. Zane and Brian had to head back to Ft Wayne this morning. Elliot is feeling better so he was able to stay this week. I hate seeing Brian and Zane leave, I know I will see them again next weekend, but I hate being away from them!
We are hoping to introduce Noah to stage II baby food the first of this week. His formula intake was down quite a bit on Friday and he is still retching and gagging during the sessions, so I am not sure what they are going to want to do. His total caloric intake will include both food and formula, but the formula ultimately has the most calories per oz, so I assume that is of the most importance right now. I would assume the first introduction to food will mostly be for the taste and texture rather than volume anyway, so we will just have to wait and see!
Hope you all had a great weekend, thanks for checking in on us!

1 comment:

bikurgurl said...

LOVE the pictures!! I'm so happy you guys had the weekend together!!!

It didn't dawn on me, but of course it did Jeff, that your WWII Veteran probably had dentures - that's why his teeth were so nice :)

But it's AWESOME that you guys got to talk to a WWII Vet - with Vetrans Day this week and there not being many WWII Vets left. What an amazing experience and I'm sure he loved it! Jeff's grandfather was in WWII, but he never wanted to talk about his experiences there....

Xander can't wait to play Army with Zane when they see each other next! We are all so looking forward to your being able to be home and for Noah to be on the path to HEALING!

We love you all!

Kelly, Jeff, Xander, and Xaven