Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Elliot's 2nd Birthday

Today is Elliot's 2nd birthday!! My little man is two! It hardly seems possible. I have been reflecting on our posts from the week he was born and in the NICU and it blows my mind that it was two years ago!! He has grown into a rough and tumble, short and stocky, brilliantly mischievous, playful and happy little boy (and incredibly handsome I might add!).
This is the 2nd year that Elliot's birthday party was planned and had to be rescheduled because of illness. I am sure he will remember this in years to come and I am going to owe him big time! I think Grandma just might be spoiling him a little today, and Brian will make sure there is some birthday fun even though we will be celebrating again when Noah and I get home.
I also wanted to say how grateful I am for our family and all that they have done for us through all of the illnesses, feeding clinics, and hospitalizations over the past 4 years. I am so very, very grateful for all they have done for us!! We never could have done any of this without you!!
The doctors are saying that even if everything goes perfectly the soonest we will get to come home is early next week. They are putting plans in place for going home, but have said "he still has quite a bit of work to do here first". Given that, Brian is coming up tomorrow and we will be switching out for a few days so I can go home and see Zane and Elliot. It's going to be hard to leave Noah, but now that he is feeling better, I need to go see the boys. I am missing them like crazy!!!

No comments: