Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Bad bad blogger...

Whoops, didn't realize it had been a week since my last post!
We had a great weekend home and a very blessed Thanksgiving! Another year of so many things to be thankful for! It was great to be with my boys for 4 days! It is so hard to be away from them!
We still have not received any answers as to Noah's strange maple syrup odor from last week. We haven't noticed it in the past few days. Hopefully we can get some results this week sometime.
As far as feeding progress, he is not really progressing, not regressing, but just sort of maintaining at this point. We are working on staying as consistent as possible with the 3oz of combined food and formula per session and he continues to have episodes of retching during most of them. The upper GI has been ordered and we are waiting to be scheduled. Off the top of my head, I think he is taking just under 25% of his daily needs by mouth, leaving him 75% tube dependant. A far cry from where we were when we started. They were hoping to have us leave with 50%, but it's obvious, with whatever stomach issues he has going on, we aren't going to get there quite yet.
Noah's therapists from Ft Wayne are driving all the way to Evansville tomorrow for a visit! Isn't that amazing! He is one lucky little boy to have therapists that are so committed to his success! This will be great for them to see and participate in his therapy sessions first hand so we can start building our plan for home.
Thanks for checking in on us!


Jaime's World said...

I've been a bad blogger, too lately! It's such a busy time of year! I'm happy to hear that Noah isn't regressing, that's a positive! You know, we have to take them where we can get them!
Glad you all got to be home as a family for Thanksgiving, I truly understand how hard it is to be split up from your family!
Wishing you continued feeding baby steps in the upcoming weeks!

bikurgurl said...

I've not blogged lately either! You do a great job of keeping us up-to-date on everything! We keep you in our nightly prayers!

Love, Kelly, Jeff, and the Boys!